Manufactured from an exclusive blended aluminum and magnesium alloy, it weighs 30-40% less than aluminum with the same strength properties. Also featuring a proprietary patent pending mounting, indexing and lock up system that mitigates 12:00 rail movement under heat generated from the barrel nut.
- Handguard alone weighs 3oz!
- 1.3" Inner Diameter
- 1.5" OUTSIDE flat to flat.
- Handguard flares forward (towards muzzle end) at the 3 and 9 O'clock positions approximately 1/4"
- Actual length when measured to flare is 7.39"
- Mounting hardware, 2.2oz, for a total of 5.2oz on a 7" rail.
Note: Nylon/Polymer Picatinny rail sections are for NON-load bearing accessories only. For load bearing accessories, we recommend aluminum Picatinny rail sections. Do NOT exceed 20 in/lbs. when securing KeyMod™ Fasteners on Polymer accessories. Aluminum Picatinny rail sections may be torqued to 30 in/lbs.